Savvy is a web based app so is reliant on a stable, good internet connection. If your connection is strong, then you should not be logged out more that every 24 hours. Here seem to be the most common reasons for a log out and some ideas to minimise it...
- Having Savvy open on 2 different devices can mean that if one loses connection you may be logged out of both, so if you are on wifi for one and 4G for another and one drops, then the other may drop too. Try keeping one version open at a time.
- Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. Cookies are used to track if you're logged in to your account and browsers store, or cache, information to help web pages load faster. Over time, this information can build up and result in unexpected browsing behaviour until you clear the browser's cache and cookies.
- Cookie Settings - Sometimes your settings might be set up to automatically end your session after a certain period of time. Try checking your particular cookie settings for the browser you are using. Try changing your session time. We recommend chrome so in chrome go to Settings (Preferences) and under 'Privacy and security' (click 'Advanced' if hidden) you will see 'Content settings', make sure 'Allow sites to save and read cookies data (recommended)' is On. Then add under ‘Allow’ www.savvystudio.com
- Are there any extensions, plugins, or add-ons enabled in your browser? These extras can interfere with your Savvy session and cause you to get logged out unexpectedly. If you're getting logged out frequently, you'll want to try using a different browser or remove/disable any extensions, plugins, or add-ons in your current browser.
- Try going incognito, open up a new incognito window and open up Savvy from there.
- Connection to the Savvy application can be lost if the internet connection goes out or is too slow. In these cases, you may be prompted to log in to restore your session.
- There will be times when Savvy will be doing updates in the background, you may not be aware this is happening, but if it is, you will be signed out and asked to sign back in again. We are regularly making changes in response to feedback and the rate we are fine tuning Savvy may result in you being logged out more frequently when tweaks are being made.
- We also recommend using google chrome, as this allows all the most up to date technology that we are using with Savvy. However you may need to make sure it is not Chrome itself that is logging you out. Here are some suggestions if after trying all of the above you are still being logged out. If you’re using an antivirus or a firewall software, make sure Chrome is trusted by these programs. To eliminate the malware from current scenario, try scanning with the third party program called MalwareBytes that can remove malicious software from the computer. Try running the Chrome Cleanup tool to remove software that may cause Chrome to experience issues. Finally you could uninstall Chrome completely and reinstall it using alternate installer to make sure you are using the most up to date version of the browser.